Should I be worried?

My daughter is 9.5 months and she doesn't crawl, hold her bottle, won't take a sippy at all and she still has no teeth. She kinda scoots on her butt, I mean she managed to squirm and get around, she pivots and rolls or scoots to get where she wants, but doesn't crawl or even army crawl. She says mama all day long, but she makes all the other major sounds like baba dada gaga nana and she whispers sometimes. Should I be alarmed that she doesn't seem to be hitting tons of milestones on time or maybe she will jut do them when she's ready?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest didn't crawl until well after she was walking. I think the milestone is more independent movement, not traditional crawling. Some babies scoot or halfcrawl or make something up, but as long as they are doing something, it is cool. The bottle thing--if you always cuddle your baby when she refuses to hold her bottle, then maybe she is smarter than you are giving her credit for. She knows if she doesn't hold the bottle that Mommy will hold the bottle & pay attention to her.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Sounds normal to me. All kids are differnet. She's moving, and making noise. That's a good sign. My dd was lazy and didn't want to hold her bottle. We used drop-ins, so she's let it fall on her chest and suck. The drop ins acted as a straw and collapsed around the formula. I had to get her straw sippy cups so she could still be lazy. THe one day, she learned to lift the cup and couldn't use straws anymore. That was closer to 11 months.
    Anonymous

• Sounds normal! Some kids never crawl! THey just go straight to walking. She's moving and talking which is important. If you are worried, talk to your doctor just to ease your mind!
    Anonymous

• some babay's never crawl - they'll eventually just get up and walk. no - at 9 months I wouldnt be worried - but you can always ask her doctor if you're concerned
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be concerned at all.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I agree with the PP. My oldest never crawled. Then one day I hear this little noise and I turned around and she was walking to me.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I do always cuddle her, but I have made up a small bottle just to give her and she just plays with it. She'll try once or twice and then just throw it.
    Anonymous