Switching to the crib.....

My baby is 2 months old now and we have co-slept together since the day she was born. I love sleeping with her, but I think it's time to transition to the crib. Any suggestions???

mamakat21

Asked by mamakat21 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put her in her crib. Problem solved. Feed her and lay her down while she is still awake and let her put herself to sleep. If she gets up to eat then feed her and back to her bed she goes.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I didn't co-sleep, but I did have my twins in my room for a while in a bassinett. I started by putting them down for naps in theirs cribs. Once they seemed to be doing well with napping in the crib I made the jump and moved them to their room for nights. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• just put her in it! i did and for me it worked fine. of course it might take a bit of tome but mine loves to sleep and at this age they still fall asleep right after a bottle, so IMO let them get used to sleeping there before its time to put them to bed while they are awake (which will have its own complications) I still put my baby in thebed with me if she wakes up at 530 and i want to sleep in til 7. she goes right back to sleep
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 2:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• when I put her in the crib for naps, she just cries and cries and cries, never ends. I do feed her before I put her in there and rock her to sleep. She'll stay asleep for a min but then wakes up and begins crying. She'll sleep alone just fine on my bed but not the crib. Grrrrr.....
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I was able to move my daughter at that age by swaddling her using one of those "Swaddle me" blankets from Babies R Us. Before that I thought she hated being swaddled, but around 7 weeks it started working and it worked for naps and everything. It was a major breakthrough, because my husband and I were not comfortable co-sleeping. It helped her sleep a lot longer, too (sometimes when we slept with her we held her little arms down so she wouldn't wake herself up with them... Both my daughters slept amazingly well swaddled until 6 months. When they started rolling onto their tummies in their sleep we ditched the swaddlers and put them on their tummies, and they slept even better.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Oh sweet my friend! Thank you! I will try that :) <3
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2009