How can I stop my daughter from sucking her thumb???

My daughter is sucking her thumb and it looks red and there is dead skin and such. I asked my grandmother she said it was normal because I sucked my thumb and mine did that. But shes 1 today!!! And I would like her to stop. Any suggestions. Please no bashing.

CuteCowgirlMami

Asked by CuteCowgirlMami at 5:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my sister put hot sauce on my nephews thumb at it work after just a few days
    MummaCat

Answer by MummaCat at 6:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Someone makes clear finger nail polish that is non toxic and taste really bad so that you do not bite you finger nails. You could try that
    jaysonsmommy15

Answer by jaysonsmommy15 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• no thats unhealthy try recording her and showing her how big girls act and then show her sucking her thumb and how its not a big girl action or read her books about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• when I was four and still sucked my thumb I accidentally dislocated my elbow and was too stubborn to suck my "other" thumb. Thats how I stopped lol. I have no ideas of how to get your child to quit though, sorry. Just though i'd share my story :)
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2008