My feelings?

ok, my SO is great at spilling his guts, he loves to tell me what he feels for me and how blah blah blah, i feel HORIBLE for not being able to do the same back for him, i just cant seem to get the words out...or the rite words, or any words at all, so
plz help! i need some good lovey dovy lines to tell him tonite! thats all he wants!!! lol HELP!!!

alicia541

Asked by alicia541 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't mean to sound rude but I think you might be missing his point. He wants to know your feelings, not ours.  We can give you "lines" all day long but if they do not come from your heart and your head, it doesn't matter.  He deserves to know what you really feel in your heart.  You don't have to be poetic but be honest.  If he is telling you how he feels and giving you words from the heart, it would be really mean and disrespectful (in my opinion) to give him a bunch of words other people told you to say. 

DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i know, it sounds crazie i agree, but i dont even know where to start, im thinking that if i have an opener it might help let everything else out. does that make sense? lol
    alicia541

Answer by alicia541 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Do you really love him? If so, tell him. Tell him why you love him. You must have reasons and not "just because." Tell him how he makes you feel when he does something you really like. Your words have to come from the heart, 100%. If you really love him, it shouldn't be too hard.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My dh leaves me a not once a week and he always says things like, I will love you forever, i can't see my future without you, you have made my life complete, Im happy, i smile and laugh and love because of you, my life is full of love and passion, i love you with my whole heart and soul,you fill me with joy, hope, and pride, you're an incredible wife, you truely are my best friend, you inspire my success and so on and so on. He's so wonderful. Hope this helps. Im an idot because i don't even answer his notes most of time.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 2:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Check out the poem groups here in CM, that might help too.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 2:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• You really need to just tell him how you feel. If you don't have those lovey dovey feelings for him, then maybe you shouldn't be together.
    Anonymous

• Have you heard of the Five Love Languages? It's a book by Gary Chapman. Basically, there are different ways we all speak and feel love. It seems clear that your dh's love language is "words of affirmation". When he does this for you, he is showing love the best he can, and he would feel loved back if you said kind, loving, appreciative things to him too. But it's also pretty clear that it's NOT your love language, which is why you're having such a hard time speaking it back to him. You need to figure out what yours is, and share that with him. The five languages are words, physical touch, acts of service, quality time and gifts. We all speak a little of each, but there is usually one that stands out more than the others. I think you can google it and there are online quizzes if you don't want to buy the book.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 3:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Ladies, please this person is asking for our help. She obviously cares and just wanted some help in expressing it. I thought CM was all about that. Not being told to figure it out on your own.
    Anonymous