okay this is a silly question but well you know im going to ask it

alot of stores around here are having sales on winter clothes. so if i buy winter clothes that i feel are going to fit my daughter and come that time and they dont fit can i take them back to get the right size or am i just screwed cuz they were sale items?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• MOST stores will let you return within 90 days. You have to have the reciept though. They used to take them back at any time, but Ive noticed more and more 90 day policies. I regularly buy off season clothes. You save a TON of money like that but if they are under 2, it can be difficult to judge sizes. If its for the fall, buy one size bigger than her summer stuff and if its winter, buy two sizes bigger. Also remember if for some reason you are totally off, just keep all the tags on it and sell it on ebay. I make money back on my kids stuff on ebay all the time. Thats one of the reasons I buy name brand stuff. I like to get stuff cheap and resell it! Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• they wont take back sale items , and if they did if you bought it now by the time you find out it wont fit for winter they wont take them back anyway
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• some places do, i know osh'kosh does.
    alicia541

Answer by alicia541 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• keep your receipt....but ask before you buy them....I do the same for my kiddos. Most stores around here as long as you have your receipt you can return them for what you paid.
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Probably not. But you can always save them for a garage sale or any other children you may have or even baby showers!
    Anonymous

• Most places have a time limit on bringing back clothes, usually it's 90 days, and majority of the time sale items are not allowed to be exchanged. It will offset their inventory and their financial statements. Anyways, most likely no you cannot take them back.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• you may be able to return them w/o a receipt but get a merchandise credit for whatever they are selling for at that time.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009