When to stop having intercorse during pregnancy?

Im goin on 30 weeks pregnant. my dr hasnt said anything about when to stop having sex during my pregnancy. he last 2 times that i've been on top (sorry for the details) my stomach will cramp up like im having a contraction and then it stops when i lay down......is this bad? or normal?

Kandee2009

Asked by Kandee2009 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds normal to me. If you are not high risk than youcan have sex all throughout pregnancy.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• normal. technically you can have sex up untill the hour you give birth. I stopped around 30 weeks though because he wouldn't fit any more. the baby was positioned weird.
    Anonymous

• When the doctor says don't....until then...hump away lol
    Anonymous

• That happened to me too we had to get creative but we still had sex up until about a week before I had our son
    kcandie

Answer by kcandie at 2:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My doctor told me that unless there's a medical reason not to, that having sex is actually a very healthy thing to do, especially right at the end, something in the semen helps to ripen the cervix and makes giving birth a little easier.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 3:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It's normal for your uterus to do that, no worries!
    You can (and should, whenever you want) have sex up until your water breaks.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2009