Turkey

Is cooking a turkey on you normal menu or just reserved for Thanksgiving or holidays? If you do cook one how often? What are you usual choices for sides? The traditionals?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 2:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I got one that was 18lbs for $5 and I thought the same thing that we could get a few meals out of it for a good price!!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I bought a frozen turkey on sale just last week. It was a 12 lbs only for $2.00. I figure with our current economic situation that a turkey would feed us for a few days. I haven't thought of any sides to go with it, though.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• excellant deal!!! I cooked one a few nights ago myself!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Just on Thanksgiving, I am not much of a turkey fan.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Thanksgiving only. I'm not sure why... I think I ought to change that. Open face Turkey sandwiches with mashed potatoes are my favorite.. mmmmm
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• We will have turkey throuout the year and on special occasions. We have to have stuffing, turnip and potatoes. The rest of the sides vary, green beans, carotts, salad and whatever suits the cook.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• we normally have it two or three times a year. Thanksgiving obviously. And when we have family events. If it's still cold out, we do the normal turkey dinner menu (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries, yams, peas and/or corn, bread). For warmer weather we either smoke or deep fry it, and make corn on the cob, baked potato, baked beans, and a few different salads, (macaroni, chef, tuna, etc.)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Just cooked a 20 pound turkey last week. I cook whatever I have a taste for. I barbecue in the winter when I want ribs
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2009