is it sad. . .

that i am hoping to get something for mothers day?

my hubby has been deployed and, it sounds stupid, but he says 'merry christmas, happy birthday. . .' stuff like that. and I am not one that wants and wants, but its just hard to not get anything. not even like a letter or something.

i really do feel dumb for feeling 'left out' because he is so worried about what to get family or our kids. i'd just like a little recognition.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think mothers day should be everyday, but since it's marked on the calendar on a specific day, It's nice to hear it (happy mothers day), and maybe get a card, or even some flowers! it's not silly or stupid to feel this way mama!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yeah..kinda! I know im feeling sad for you at this moment. Have you expressed to him how you feel? Im sure he doenst mean to hurt you or make you feel left out. He probably just figures you already know how much of an awesome mom you are. And not for nothing, and its not really a good excuse but financially maybe he thinks hes saving by showing you in other ways. In the very least anyways. I hope you have a awesome Mom's Day nevertheless. Cheer up its Friday!! :)
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 3:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My DH is an asshole when it comes to Mother's Day. He says he doesn't get me anything because I am not his mother.
    Anonymous

• Eh. My husband is here all the time and I still don't get anything. I'm used to it now. Last year between our anniversary (in January), Mother's Day, my birthday (in December) and Christmas I got...NOTHING. He didn't even get me a card. I did get to buy a computer in February so he said that made up for it and is my gift for everything this year. It's just an excuse so he doesn't have to think about getting me something.
    He hates holidays and I have to force him to participate in any (like watching the kids open gifts on Christmas...he'd rather be watching TV if he is even home).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• No, I think its totally normal to want something no matter where our spouses are at. I hope you get some sort of acknowledgement that day.

My DH does nothing for that day, not even saying Happy M Day. He's a lot like my dad who felt because my mom wasnt HIS mom that he didnt need to do anything. My hubbys mom is dead so I think the day stings cuz he cant do anything for her and so why do for me cuz Im not her...kwim?

So you wont be alone if you get nothing.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i wonder if the father to my 2 boys will call.... HA wait, thats a big fat NO! lol
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i'm more hurt because he is more worried about his mom than me. he has all these ideas of what to get her, and then other people.
    i told him one thing i wanted. . .one thing. it costs $10 over there. he said that he looked at it, and then walked away. And i know he didn't buy it because he doesn't carry cash. and i know where all the money goes.

i just want some kind of recognition. something to say i miss you i love you thanks for taking care of our kids. . . .something.

but no. it just hurts. and i've told him, and it doesn't do anything. he got me flowers once. that was it. 5 years ago.
    woopy. . . . :(
    Anonymous

• Maybe you could get something for yourself or do something special for yourself. Years ago when I was at the university, I was talking with my dad on the phone 'cause I was alone for my birthday. He said to go out and get myself a candy bar. So I did. I always remember that. I try to get myself something when it's my special day ever since he told me that. Also, one time I bought myself a pair of earrings that say, "Best Mom" on them. I've never worn them, but it was the thought that counted.

I hope that helps. Happy Mother's Day (in advance)!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 5:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009