How exhausted is too exhausted?

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and when I get up and do something, I feel like I'm going to pass out. I took my ds to the park today and just sat there and i almost called the ambulance to come get me b/c I didn't think I could walk back. In my first pregnancy it didnt feel like this but in this pregnancy I can't even do simple little things. I called my doc and the nurse said its a part of being pregnant, but this part I don't remember! Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds normal to me! are you eating lots of small meals throughout the day and drinking plenty of water? are you taking prenatal vitamins? and always have a healthy snack for on the go. I always had a granola bar or a bag of carrots in my purse.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• yes i do all that. i weighed 88 lbs b4 becoming pregnant and am now 110 at 7 months. Could that be a factor?
    Anonymous

• it doesnt sound normal to me. i agree with the last person drink lots of water and take lots of snacks with you everywhere. i would have your blood pressure checked because of the dizziness. but ill tell you this is my second pregnancy and im waaaay more worn out this time around, especially since im chasing a toddler around this time lol. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i had this problem too!! it was awful. what my problem was is i wasnt getting enough iron so my doc gave me some script iron pills and now im full of energy!!
    tabi706

Answer by tabi706 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Wow, ok so it sounds like you are super tiny, so that would be a lot of weight for you to carry around, maybe, since you're already taking care of one child (which is exhausting on it's own) the added weight and all that fun pregnancy stuff might be wearing you down a bit. Take it easy and if it keeps up let your dr know, and don't let them tell you it's just "part of pregnancy" until they check for anything else it could be, it won't help you, your son, or your baby if anything happens to you.
    Anonymous