My son's grandmother called CPS on me and the case was closed because there was obviously nothing wrong.....

but, my son keeps asking who called because he is upset that someone would lie about what kind of mom I am. He is 6yrs old and has asked who called. Should I tell my son it was his Nana that called and be honest with him? There is no doubt in my mind she did...she even admitted to me through text that she did and thought it was funny....psycho wench!!!

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell him the truth....im sure he will hate his nana but if she did thats sad
    Anonymous

• I haven't told him because I don't want to involve him but I feel bad not telling him the truth because that is our thing...our family tries to always be honest w each other..just would like your input
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i wouldnt bother telling him it was cps since it was closed. it would only worry him over "nothing" (hopefully it'll stay that way! sorry you had to go through that)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Have you already told him that CPS was there because someone called them on you? I probably wouldn't have told a 6-year-old that but if you did, then I think you should tell him the truth on who called. Be honest but try to put it in terms that he will understand. If you tell him who it was, he will then want to know why. You need to think of an appropriate answer for that question.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• How does he even know they were called? I would tell him you're not sure but it's over now.
    Anonymous

• he knows they were called because they had to talk to him. She called ans said I gave him a weggie that hurt and that I told my pit bulls to attack my son(i have boxers and she has never even seen my dogs or been in my house). That is how my son knows because the lady had to question him and then she rolled her eyes and said the case was closed
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• No, I don't think you should tell them, that is till his grandmother (crazy or not) and that will just cause more problems for you and your son. But I would tear her a new rear-end.
    lilmama31709

Answer by lilmama31709 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• When CPS had been called they come to your house and talk with everyone. I'm not sure on this one if you should tell or not. Maybe talk with your hubby about it first.

Someone called CPS on us but we don't know who did it. Whoever did, didn't even know about our third child that was only 2 months at the time and the CPS lady didn't either. They said my hubby beat me, we beat my boys and had no food in the house. She just dropped by and I let her in because I had nothing to hide and she told me after 10 minutes she was closing our case but still had to talk with my hubby because he wasn't there.

This is the kind of chit that ticks me off. People abusing CPS when there are kids who do need it and don't because these workers are out wasting their time on false claims.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I told her piss off today. Her and I have hated each other since I met my ex husband (we were 15 at the time) I am 25 now. She has called on me before (once years back) because I put her son in jail for knockin the crap out me. She called me today and asked if she could take a pic of me in my wedding dress because she heard I was getting married and wanted a pic for her photography class. I was like...uh no!!! I told her "cut the bs. I can't stand you and you can't stand me so piss off already" she said nothing back. This woman made me ball on the birth of my son, tried to rip my son out of my arms once while calling me names, tried to tell me I couldn't leave my house with my son (I then left) she is psyho...ventin a little
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Nope you shouldn't tell him anything...once he grows up, he'll be able to put two and two together and see her for who she really is...sometimes its best that adults keep children out of grown folks business...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2009