eating problem..

okay, my 3 and a half month old daughter is always a good eater. but the last couple of days, it seems like she is never hungry, and everytime i feed her, the most she will eat is maybe 4 ounces. im not sure what to do, or what to try. because like i said, she has NEVER had an eating problem. have any ideas what i should do?

lilyann13

Asked by lilyann13 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All my daughter was eating, was about 4oz then. Is she sleeping more?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I'm not sure about quantities, etc, because I breastfed. But breastfeeding I always fed on demand... some days my girls would be much hungrier than others. She probably just finished a growth spurt and is scaling back... sounds normal to me.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• babies do that my son and daughter did that they would eat alll the time then have there days where they would slow down....and when they are teething they dont eat much well mine didnt.
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• well she was sleeping alot more like 5 or 6 days ago. and during that time, she still wasnt eating that much because she was always sleeping. she usually eats 6 ounces.
    lilyann13

Answer by lilyann13 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My son is the same age and he has been eating 8 oz for a couple weeks now and i have been having the same problem but I think that he has not been eating much because he is teething and his gums hurt
    kcandie

Answer by kcandie at 3:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• oh, about the teething, yeah, she has seemed to been chewing on her binkie and on the nipple of the bottle whenever i give it to her. she also chews on her fist alot.
    lilyann13

Answer by lilyann13 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• somedays they eat, somedays they dont feel like it. just because "shes never" had an issue, doesnt mean she wont now. when my kids are growing theyu eat like crazy, sometimes they just arent that hungry. do you eat the exact same amount of food every single day?
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009