will raw pork hurt my dog?

Ok so I was outside w/ the kiddo's and had some pork thawing on my counter ....well...came back in and my dog got it ( have no idea how he did it) but he ate like 3 pork chops raw!! he did not eat the bone though! he is a 4 mth old golden retriever if that helps.... Do you think it will hurt him?? or am i gonna have like nasty poo and puke everywhere in a little bit?

Armywife510

Asked by Armywife510 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pets

• Yes and depending on the breed of dog it can cause sezuires.
    casd

Answer by casd at 3:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Possibly some runny poo for awhile. Some people that feed a raw diet feed their dogs pork, so he should be fine especially since it was frozen prior to him eating it. If you are really concerned you could call your vet's office and ask them.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• There are all kinds of parasites in raw pork. Even for people, they give you worms. So if you do and he starts wiping his butt on the floor you what it is.
    casd

Answer by casd at 5:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• call the vet to be sure
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i would get him to the vet ASAP...they can give him charcoal to make him vomit so it doesn't absorb...pork is filthy carries parasites, e-coli and that kinda crap...I would take him to be sure.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2009