I want to know about your wedding! Photos would be cool!

I want to know what colors you chose and what was your theme. I want to know where you had it, and if there was anything you'd try and do over if you could. I want to know how your special day went!!
I'm planning my wedding and want to know what you other mom's out there did! photos would be great!

xoJessyxo

Asked by xoJessyxo at 3:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, my DH and I got pregnant a lot sooner than we had planned, so we planned a wedding real quick. I think it sucked. I borrowed my best friends dress and didn't have a maid of honor or bridesmaids. We did it on the front porch of my grandmother's house (which was built in 1827), so that was nice, but it was in January so it was cold. Not many people came, but luckily my mom made the wedding cake and food, so in all, we only spent $300. I still feel like I missed out on having bridal showers, a rehearsal dinner, bridesmaids, lots of gifts, and a big wedding, but oh well I guess I can't complain too much b/c it was so cheap.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i was 8 months pregnant when i got married so i couldnt wear a wedding dress and we didnt have a them or colors we had the wedding the same time as the baby shower but it wasnt my choice to do it this way my mother decied to do it on her own cause she said we needed to be married befor we brought our son into the world. when we can affored it we are going to have a real wedding i would post pic but i dont know how to do that here but u can o to www.myspace.com/ladonnamichael and it will be uner babyshower and wedding album
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• uhm...5 years ago...colors were lavender and yellow. very simple but elegant. my dress was strapless A-line with very little detailed embroidery on bodice...then back had 2 "panels" that were embroidered that touched up top (by shoulders) then as went down opened up to reveal an under-layer that was all embroidered. When it was "bustled" the "under-layer" was hidden and the 2 "panels" touched all the way down.....does that make sense? lol...(kinda hard to explain)...my theme was pansies and humming birds. I had 2 great grandmothers who both passed away shorty before I got engaged. 1 loved pansies and the other loved humming birds....so my center pieces were 3 wine glasses with pansies floating candles in them with hummingbirds "flying" above them. I would love to post pics but I have no clue how! lol...our reception was held in an old 1800's 3 story bank that they converted into a reception hall.
    continued...
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• We had cocktail hour in the old bank vault...and the head table was up on a balcony overlooking the dance floor! it was amazing!
    mere417

• I was married in a little English country village and my bridesmaids wore lilac.  We had a beautiful ceremony and the reception was a lot of fun.  The only down side is the guy who ran the village hall where we had our reception kept hitting on me all night.

I have pics on my profile if you're interested.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My colors were lavendar and offwhite.
    15 people total(including DH and I). Very small as we dont have a ton of family and of what we had not many could or would make it. Which was fine with us as we arent big deal type people anyway.
    We were married at my moms church, in her Branch Presidents office. Then we went back to her townhome to have a dinner and cake and some conversation. No music, no flowers to toss or rice,etc.
    My mom made a couple of salads and some croissants stuffed with a chicken stuffing deal that was NUMMMMMMYYYYY.
    The cake was red velvet(DH's fav) with cream cheese frosting. It was round and was just a regular double layered cake.
    My gown was a simple off-white with lace on top. My stepmom made my bouquet and my sis helped with hair and makeup. I bought a small flower wreath with some ribbons down it for my hair.
    I dont know how to post a pic here or Id show you. Sorry!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Our wedding was in October so we did a Fall Theme. My bridemaid dresses were dark brown, the groomsmens had suit tuxes that had a little bit of a lighter, almost cappacino brown color to them. My flowers were gerbera daisies, red roses, and coffee berries. Our wedding cake had fondent fall leaves on them in fall colors.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i was 8 weeks prego and i dragged him to the court house in shorts and a tee he wasnt getten away from me lol
    juanitadoddo

Answer by juanitadoddo at 9:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2009