Sister in Law!

Does anyone get along with theirs? I peronally dont get along with mine, we used to be very close and when I got pregnant she no longer liked my husband and myslef. I think it was jealousy! Now she has a child and I wonder if becoming a mom has changed her and she is not so selfish and petty. Should I try and make ammends so our children will have a close relationship... they are only weeks apart in age.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm not close with mine at all.. I was actually going to post a question asking what I should do to change that because I hate it. lol Shes ten years older then me so I feel like she thinks I"m to young for her to talk to or something IDK?

But yes you should
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I don't get along with mine. She's selfish, petty and inmature. If you want the cousins to be close then you'll have to make amends.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I was very close to one of mines, but her and my husband got into a dispute and put her own brother in jail so now we don't even speak to her or her kids, which is hurtful. At the moment I am trying to establish a relationship with my husband's 2 other biological sisters (he's adopted), I love them both so far but after the experience I had with his other sister I can't help but be reserved.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• well they arent technically sisters-in-law, because SO and I arent married, but SO's oldest sister has her kids call me Aunt Rachel which is very nice and SO's youngest sister labels me as "sister-in-law" when i'm brought up in converations! but yes I get along with them very much so. in fact I will call them once in a while just to chat.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I dont care for my SIL, she lived with use for a while. She would do bad things to my dog when i was gone. She is older then me but acts like she is younger gets drunk around her kids. My husband is very close with her, so when we fight he tells her so she hates me. She didnt got to my wedding, baby shower and showed up 5 hours late to my son 1st birthday and ate and left. said she was late because she had to get shot for her puppy, insted of going to my son party! she is just a fake rude person.
    Anonymous

• Do you think that sisters dislike their brothers SO because women are catty and dont like to have other women with the men they care for and love?
    Anonymous

• Nope I don't get along with mine. She lives far away though so I don't have to deal with her. If you think you can repair the relationship then go for it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I have three SIL's and I would says I'm close with them all. We're all on good terms, most the time :)

My one SIL can drive me crazy because he is ultra-religious, to the point where I think she is brain dead sometimes. Her church is very weird, almost cultish. So sometimes I shake my head at her thinkings, but to each their own I guess. She has 4 kids and they aren't super close with our son, but our son is only 11 months so he's not really close with any cousin really :)

I didn't grow up with any of my cousins, not close with any really. So it's not really that important that our son grow up with his cousins and have close relationships.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i have 3 and i have zerp problems. im very lucky, i married in to a very awesome family. i love my mil too!
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 7:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2009