Relapse in Potty training????

My daughter is 27 months old and has been potty trained for three months. Both day and night. It actually took only three days for the whole process. For the last few days she has been wetting her pants during the day. She will sit down and just go and then laugh and say pee pee with a big smile. I don't know what to do I'm so stessed - not that it's that big of a deal but I just don't understand why she is doing this. It's gotten to the point that every time she needs to go she just goes in her pants. She still does not go through out the night though.

KikisMom07

Asked by KikisMom07 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First - forget about night time. That has nothing to do with daytime training. Think about it... if someone does deep breathing exercises all day, will it stop snoring? Of course not. What your body does while you are asleep has nothing to do with your age, your abilities, or what skills you have mastered during the day. Bedwetting is common to age 6. Wait and see if she grows out of it. Do NOT limit fluids at this young of an age.

For the days: Was she happily telling you when she needed to go? If so, then the newness and excitment has worn off. She is no longer willing to put down her toys and stop playing just to go pee. Can you blame her? Think about it from her point of view... PLAY!!! YEAH!!! or pee.... whee. Many kids have this problem. Help her keep mastering this complex skill. Keep track for her - if she hasn't gone in 2 hours, TELL her to go. Don't ask, don't wait for her to tell. TELL HER.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I didn't type that very clear I guess. She does not wet the bed at night. She has no problems through the night. Dry when she wakes up, then goes and uses the potty. I was just wondering if anyone had the same thing happen. It seems as though she is doing it out of spite.
    KikisMom07

Answer by KikisMom07 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• She is pushing your buttons! I suggest that you start having a reward chart. Every day she stays dry, she gets a star. Seven stars in a row, and she gets something. We used kid meal toys from fast food restaurants (never bought the food).

Answer by rkoloms at 7:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009