How should I break the news to my parents?

I recently just got laid off so my parents are fully supporting me and now that i'm pregnant I don't know how they'll take the news. We told my boyfriends parents and they seem to be very excited and supportive, now just dont know how to tell my parents...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your parents have a sense of humor go in saying "so are you gunna like being grandparents" of course they'll say "what are you talking about" and you say "you know I'm pregnant gunna have a child, aren't you happy?!" I would, or just go in and say "hey I'm pregnant don't be mad" LOL. My parents have a sense of humor so it wasn't a big deal, they just shrugged it off like "wow I'm getting old, I'm going to be a grandparent". Try it, it might work, you kind of gotta take the risk and tell them, I mean you took the risk getting pregnant!!
    Anonymous

• well, you have to tell them one way or another. It could be funny, or you could make it dramatic. It all depends on how you feel like throwing it out there.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• from experience, I have learned to tell my dad these things first because he has always been the more supporting one, or at least doesnt blow up in me and my sister's face like mom does. when I told mom she told me to have an abortion and it was a mistake. I told dad and he laughed with glee and said "wow i'm gonna be an opa". so yeah I tell dad first now lmao. I know how hard it is to break the news! will you tell them together or separately? just tell the truth! dont even start with "I have some news" or "are you sitting down". tell them you just found out you are pregnant, you are keeping the baby, my bf's parents already know, and you and bf will work hard to save up some money...
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• honestly. i just told my mom, and i texted her. i just told her that im pregnant again and dont really feel okay talking about it just yet, that way she has time to think it through and doesnt have a chance to blow up on you!! eventually you guys will talk about it just fine.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009