Online college ?

Anyone attend online classes? What are they like?
How much does it cost? And is it worth it?

Thanks :]

MandyOs

Asked by MandyOs at 3:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do University of Phoenix, NEVER EVER DO IT, it cost way too much and they lied to us. They told us that our assignments were due on Sundays, and we have an assignment due almost every day and you have to do participation, which is where you have to write post on your classmates work. Time consuming, I spend more time on online school than I did at a normal University. It is so horrible, my husband and I have been dropped out of 2 classes because they said we didn't meat attendance but yet we both had an A in the class. We told them we were going to sue them and they gave us the new classes for free. But they are horrible and the teachers are not even there to teach. They are only there to grade your work, if you ask them how to do something they tell you to read the book. It's sooooo horrible, the only reason I still do it is because it cost alot so I might as well get my degree!! But it's a huge NO NO!!!!!
    Anonymous

• i go to axia at University of Phoenix

its different. not to hard. I don't read everything because i can't learn that way.
    Its like 9000 for like 12 credits or soemthing. its not to bad.
    you do two classes every 9 weeks. it goes by pretty fast, but they are back to back. so you just keep going and going. no spring break, or summer break. thats the big downer.
    Anonymous

• my teachers have been helpful so far. guess it depends on the teacher. .
    Anonymous

• i take online classes i like them i think its easier to learn this way. although it prolly depends on what you study. each one of my online classes run about $300 or more so it is expensive
    kcandie

Answer by kcandie at 4:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I teach online. I don't know about expense..but I think it depends on the school and the professor.
    Anonymous

• I both teach online and completed my Masters online, school online is expensive! Even our local college charges a lot more for online courses. As for anonymous (the first answer) some instructors actually are there to teach, I spend at least an hour online everyday answering emails and questions from my students, I do know however that some instructors feel they don't get paid enough (we get paid less than if I teach an in classroom cours, but we also don't have as much to prepare), and feel they are only going to do the minimum necessary. It's hard when you have one of those instructors. I say shop around for an accredited online college that offers a degree in the area you are interested in, and compare costs. Some colleges include all the books and fees which can add up to easily $1000 or more per traditional term (some books are $200 - $250 per class and that is for USED books). Factor in that cost as well. Good Luc
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Thank you guys so much! A lot of useful information!
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 7:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009