I'm giving an informative speech for college, and i've decided to do it on pregnancy/birth, any interesting topics/jokes/information anyone might have to add some spark to my speech?

ClvDandJ

Asked by ClvDandJ at 3:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Since you audience is a college age crowd, the details and horror stories of pregnancy will not be as full of impact as information about the emotion and devastation of unplanned pregnancy. Pregnancy propels a young person into a world of responsibility and unselfish devotion to another helpless little life, that cannot survive without the parents. Informing your audience of the life changing impact that a pregnancy has on you and everyone around you could keep you talking for hours about how a simple act can change your life forever. Rita Rudner said ,"life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside." www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 5:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Information about pregnancy... lets see I read all the what to expect books and although they are informational they in no way show you what your getting into... The things that you put in your body because of cravings the things that come out (wow) there is no hiding gas it just comes out walking down the isle at walmart eating dinner with the inlaws thats fun. To me the first movements felt like popcorn in my belly, most people explain it as butterflies to me it was popcorn. I got the update e-mails for what to expect every week it's strange how the size of the baby is always explained by food, Grain of rice, grape. tomato, banana, cantelope, watermelon lol made me want rice, grapes, bananas, melon.
    Countrymommy03

Answer by Countrymommy03 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• one thing that most people don't know and i didn't untill it happened to me. 3% of women wont show the pregnancy hormone in there urine only in there blood. this is me, i had surgery being 2 months pregnant because it didnt show up, no one had any idea. i'm 35 weeks pregnant now and i can take a home pregnancy test and it will come back negitive. we kinda use it as a game thing sometimes
    AmandaKay2009

Answer by AmandaKay2009 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• One thing not very many people mention is that if a pregnant mother is stressed it can cause the baby to stress which can make the baby have a bowel movement before birth. It's called meconium and it can cause lung problems when the infant is delivered if it's not done properly and can cause infection in the mother. I know because that happened when i was pregnant with my son and after delivery my temp went up to 105 degrees before they had a chance to react. I'm thankful that both me and my son came out okay but it was very scary.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 5:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• You could maybe joke about how when your pregnant you walk slower, ( like an old person who is constipated ) You can't get out of cars with out grunting ( like an old person ) You can't see your vajayjay after you hit your 7th month ( How fat ppl live with out being able to see it is beyond me , I can't see to shave well anymore) Or how the bathroom is SO FAR and you have to go SO BAD and when you finally make it..it's drip drip. done. lol..

umm what else..is there...
    I guess thats all for now, but I feel like pregnancy is a hilarious time in a womans life, OH like the AWFUL farts ( Smell awful ) that you can't control...LOL...
    I would try an make my speech as funny and informative as possible to get my audience to pay attention..but thats me..

Good luck on it though. Hope this helped.
    Anonymous