How do I get along with the mother-in-law?

She is a two-faced woman. She threatened to take my daughter away because I want to go to Texas and get help from my family. She dont work and she lives off the government. She didn't even want to take care of her own kids. I only asked her to bbysit my daughter like 4 times and each time she got an attitude. When i try to ask her for advise she gets an attitude with me like I should already know or she tell me that she don't know. When i was in labor having my daughter, my mom and aunt kept calling. She would tell me that they need to quit F*cking calling me and the next time they call she is gonna tell they to not call anymore. She acts like she has to be the center of attention and like everyone owes her something. She makes me feel so bad about myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sounds like there is no getting along with her, try putting her in her plac next time, maybe she'll realize shes acting like a child. While I was pregnant my mother in law got all stuck up, and I put her in her place, and we've gotten along since then. And how is she going to take your child away, if she wont help you, you have a right to move lose to your family, tell her to stuff it!
    lilmama31709

Answer by lilmama31709 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I have issues with my MIL also! I think she is out of line and the best solution is to have her son say something. If it comes from you it may not be as effective.
    Anonymous

• yeah! lots of us have mother-in-laws that are a pain in the "you know what" Tell her to go away and leave you alone. Shes got no right to tell you What to do.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 5:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Stay away from her as much as possible.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 6:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Sounds like there is no getting along with her. Moving sounds like a really good option. I say start packing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• all i can say is move fast run lol thank goddness i have one of the few good mil.. if it wasnt for her i dont know if i would have made it after my son was born.she takes my side over her own sons so good luck .i say pack ur stuff and move home
    juanitadoddo

Answer by juanitadoddo at 8:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2009