is anyone on the mirena??would you like to share your experiance with it please? im trying to decide on getting this..[TIA]

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my sister is on it. and im setting up an appt as soon as i pop out this baby!!!
    she loves it, but for a while you have uncomfortable periods but after that its awesome!
    tabi706

Answer by tabi706 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I got mine put in on March 24th. I'm STILL bleeding. Not spotting but bleeding. I made a dr appointment for May 4th to have it checked. I HATE the fact that I'm still bleeding and may end up having it taken out.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i have mirena and a month ao i was gonna take it out because i keep getting a lot of cramps but it turns out its not the mirena its other stuff but anyways its awsome and you dont have to worry about anything and recently i started having really light periods which is awsome.
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 4:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• you should try it if your insurence covers it and try it out for yor self but you need to wait for like 5 months b4 you see the good or maby right from the start you need to see how its going to ffect your bpdy
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 4:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• One of my friends (who's on here actually) is having trouble with hers- uncomfortable cramping and bleeding. She made an appointment and they told her she can bleed for up to six months! I can't believe that, but I guess that's how it works. Other friends I've asked about it say it's fine once you get past those first few months of your body regulating, which is any birth control, really. As far as effectiveness, I haven't heard of any problems with it!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 4:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I had the Mirena and hated it! I had bleeding for 7 MONTHS after I had my son it didnt ever stop so I had my doctor take it out! I wouldn't get that thing again if my life depended on it! Save your self and just take the pill or get the Nuva Ring!
    mrs_sanders2101

Answer by mrs_sanders2101 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I'm not sure if they've straightened up or not but the Nuva Ring was recalled because it caused the same problems as the patch (brain aneurisms and such). As far as I know the OBGYN office my MIL works at still doesn't prescribe them.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• im looking into getting it to, i just had my baby four weeks ago... i was reading alot of stuff about it and it kinda makes me nervous but all you can really do is go off your own experience, which im doing... if you dont like it, than it can be taken out.... good luck...

and FYI - DO NOT i mean DO NOT go on nuva ring... i got pregnant while on nuva ring after using it for SIX MONTHS and using condoms until i KNEW it was affective... also i know three other girls who got pregnant on it as well while using it religiously .... i mean like i said, its all your experience but i HIGHLY do NOT recommend nuva ring. IMO
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2009