what do i do when my son won't eat?

my son is 7 months old. he's been eating baby food really well for the past month and a half. never had any problems with it until a couple days ago. we would sit him down to eat and for example we'd give him green beans. well he will take a couple of bites then gets fussy and won't eat anymore. he closes his mouth and just cries until we give him a bottle. i don't know what to do.

mamakitty86

Asked by mamakitty86 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• first let him try to feed him self..give him the spoon and prepare for a mess but it is OKAY! Secondly they do that and it is scary but they go through spurts of growing where they will eat you out of the house and when they wont eat anything that is okay too! GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• try giving him some soft finger foods cut up small. He may just be growing out of the purees, my dd did at that age I dont blame her they are gross. also dont let him see a bottle if you are trying to feed him other stuff, because he will want it! Hope it helps. GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Start giving him some finger foods and some table foods. He knows what you're eating isn't what he's been eating!

Give it a shot. Go slow, but step it up a bit for him.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Its actually really normal and natural for a child to exclusively be given milk until at least 1 and also for a baby to rely on milk for the majority of their nutrition well into the second year.

My son tried bits of food here and there when 6/7 months but then lost interest. He has had food since now and then but not regularly until VERY recently (he is 17 months). He is now on two meals a day but still relies mostly on breastmilk. This is entirely natural. So if your child doesnt want food dont worry...just go with the flow. Offer him but dont force it. If he wants to try he will let you know..my son just grabs things from me etc/
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think that you are missing the role of solids in your baby's life. Before baby's first birthday, nutrition comes from breastmilk or formula. Feeding solids is just for the purpose of getting the baby used to them. Don't worry about them at all.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2009