Does anyone use Stamps.com?

And if you do can you get a cheaper postage rate than w/ regular postal service like they advertise? I send out a few hundred post cards a month. But if it's still gonna cost me $.27 a piece I see no reason to pay for the service.

Also, if you sign up and then quit, do you get to keep the scale?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can get as much postage delivered from the post office as you want, for a $1.00 fee. No printer ink, no fees, you just need to buy a small scale.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The postage is NO cheaper than actual postage, so you'd have the stamps.com fee as well as the actual postage cost. You do get to keep the scale, but it's cheesy. The only way you save on postage is if you get a bulk permit. I don't remember the exact costs but I know it's roughly $300 year. You do get a discount but you have to mail a minimum number of pieces at one time. You can find details about that at: www.usps.com

I know what you mean about the post cards, we simple stopped mailing them. We go door to door with them and either stick them on screen doors or buy door knob bags and hang them on door knobs. Sure more work for us but it saves a LOT of money. We will buy 5000 cards from vista print and go to various neighborhoods...or buy the 100 free ones several times a week from time to time.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 25, 2009