Leaking Ear Fluid through nose...

My son has tubes and has had them for 1.5 yrs (he is 28 months). Today he woke up with a small runny nose, but about an hr ago I wiped it while he was sleeping and it looked like ear fluid when he had a really bad infection. I thought it was strange and decided to wait to see if it was consistant. About 10 minutes ago, it was the same and now my dr office is closed bc they close early on Fridays. Has anyone else had this happen before and know what it could be...

LuccasMommy

Asked by LuccasMommy at 4:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• i know that the nose and the ear canal are connected and it is good that it is draining. If he has tubes I would get them check cause isnt that there job so they might be pluged.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I would call the office and leave a message for the on call just in case. I had that happen when my ear drum burst from an infection. I did not have tubes, but if his tube(s) have clogged or come dislodged and healed up then this could be the case. I remember it being extremely painful, and from what you're saying it doesn't sound like he's in pain.
    If you don't want to deal with the on call, maybe consider one of those walk in places? I know my insurance covers it for a regular copay, although I've never used one.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 3:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2009