Leaking ear fluid from nose...

My son has tubes and has had them for 1.5 yrs (he is 28 months). Today he woke up with a small runny nose, but about an hr ago I wiped it while he was sleeping and it looked like ear fluid when he had a really bad infection. I thought it was strange and decided to wait to see if it was consistant. About 10 minutes ago, it was the same and now my dr office is closed bc they close early on Fridays. Has anyone else had this happen before and know what it could be...

LuccasMommy

Asked by LuccasMommy at 4:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does your doc have an after-hours pedi? Mine does, we just call the hospital or ER and ask to speak to the pediatrician on call, they call back and if it's something they think the kids should be seen for they have you bring them into the ER. You could call and see.
    Anonymous

• You can go to urgent care too. This never happened to us, but it is all connected.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I would definitely get on the phone and try to see somebody about it tonight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I have never had this happen but I would take him to the Urgent Care at Childrens. They were super fast when I took my son there a couple Saturdays ago.
    calebsmommy1223

Answer by calebsmommy1223 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 25, 2009