• In the Spotlight:

From dating to becoming a couple - how soon ?

In general, how long or how many dates after starting to date someone do you move to the next level and actually become bf/gf? How long was it for you ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I havent a clue, I was in a high school where after 2 dates you were considered a couple and I thought that was rather silly.

After h.s. I didnt date much and had tons of first dates. My hubby is my longest relationship and we were pretty much an item after date #3.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• well my fiance and i were only 16 when we met, so you know at that age we didnt go out on dates first it as just "will you go out with me?" and then boom your boyfriend and girlfriend. but if i was to go out and date, i would date a guy for about a month or two before becoming a couple =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• 6-9 months.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Well I was married within 9 months of meeting my husband so......!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The moment we started dating. Is there another way??? I really had no idea that dating didn't automatically mean 'couple', maybe I'm old-fashioned...
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 8:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It depends on the people involved. I dated a couple of guys where even after months we never became a couple. On the other hand, my dh and I were a couple before our first official date. It depends on what is right for the people involved and probably includes things like age, personal situation, etc.
    dottieanna29

Answer by dottieanna29 at 6:42 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i met my husband on 10/4/1985. we got married on 11/27/1985 . we were together 23 years until he passed away this past july in my arms.
    so in total 6 weeks from meeting to marrying. :)
    justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 7:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2009