Mirena?

When or how long after you gave birth did you get your mirena put in?....
Like it or dislike it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had mine put in at 5 weeks PP. I hate it. I haven't stopped bleeding since having it put in :(
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I had mine put in 6 weeks PP. I had it removed today after having it in for a year, I HATED it. I had all sorts of symptoms form it, fatigue, mood swings, weight gain etc. Those things aren't listed as side effects but the more you look into it the more ladies you will find who have had similar issues. I figured my body would adjust to it and I finally decided I couldn't stand it any longer. On the other hand, my sister has it and her only complaint is that when she gets periods they last 2 weeks sometimes. Good luck to you if you decide to get it!
    Anonymous

• I had mine put in at 10 wks pp, so far I like it but I've only had it a few weeks.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I had mine put in 6 months after I had my son. I've had it for a year and half and love it.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2009