wht so much negative journals about christians?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Perhaps people are just getting their frustrations out.
    I mean isnt that what journals are normally for anyway?
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Because after people read enough journals like this one, they get fed up and speak out.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My negativity towards Christians in particular lately is sparked by my classes since I go to a Christian University but am not myself. The way the one professor thinks just drives me absolutely nuts. In general, I am ok with Christianity as long as they do not go around acting all superior and like know it alls. I hate it when anyone, no matter their religious preference, does that.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I dont know but all we can do is pray for them :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Because Christians are evil and we must shove down the throats of all who will listen how evil Christians are:)
    Anonymous

• Ditto to NotPaniking!!!

OP, could you please give an example of the negative Christian posts that bother you so much?!?
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Notpanicking: WOW!!

all I have to say to that is please Mo read this,

Do not add fuel to the fire. “Where there is no wood the fire goes out.” (Prov. 26:20) Instead, “an answer, when mild, turns away rage.” (Prov. 15:1) By talking in a kind, mild tone you may be able to help turn away the wrath of someone rather then added fuel to there anger, Now are we to bend the Truth of God's word so people think that God doesn't really care? No.

BUT we don't intentionally try to provock those who are not open to God's word either because it does more harm then good in the long-run...

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

Exactly! Thank you, NotPanicking.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I agree, NotPanicking. If she is trying to bring someone closer to God, she has missed by a mile. That kind of stuff makes people run the other way.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I went to Mo's journal... *sighs* Mo??? WHERE is the GOOD NEWS??????? Where is the LOVE???
    Jesus never said the devil this and that... when the demoniac person had demons he said simple COME OUT!
    When the pharisees asked him did this son sin or did the parents sin? Jesus said NEITHER but that the Glory of the Father be revealed.

Jesus spoke more on the Kingdom of HEAVEN than the Kingdom of HELL! He drew people with HIS LOVE nothing else.

Ok I got tears.... mannnn oh mannn when will Christians LEARN about HIS GRACE and get free from the LAW and the condemnation it brings ... all her journal has done is condemn. I could not read the whole thing. I couldn't stomach it. Sorry Mo...as passionate as you are... its wrong how you are going about this!
    It is no wonder people are retaliating and writing negative stuff against Christians.. in which I am one!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009