On average what is your Electricity bill?

We just moved into an apartment. Everything seems to be electrical the stove, heater and ac. How much do you typically pay for this a month? We are a family of 3 our son is only 5 months, so we won't have to worry about him using the computer all night hehe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Call the electric company and ask them what the average usage was for that apartment for the past 6 months up to a year. That will give you a general idea of what the electric bill will be for YOU in YOUR apartment where YOU live. It is different for everyone all over the country what with the varied rates, varied usage, varied temperate zones, varied appliances that use electricity, and how new or old those appliances are and if they are well maintained.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• In an apartment I couldn't imagine it being anymore than $100 at the most. Our most expensive month in a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom towntome was $220, but that was in the month of December.
    Anonymous

• 4 bedroom 2 bath doublewide all electeric 6 people and a dog 245.00 a month
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 6:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• ours is right @ $120 a month for now & i live in alabama, so we've been running the air since march on & off..... it'll probally be close to $200 this summer
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I'm in OK, live in a two bedrom, two story town house. Its usually somewhere between $70-$90.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I live in FL, with a 3 bd 2 ba home. Mine runs anywhere from $65-145, depending on the season. If we get lots of comfy days in a row, where I can open the windows, I can get it really low. But during the summer that never happens, so it runs to the higher end. The rest of the yr, usually about Oct - mid or end of April, I can open windows a lot and it is lower.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I live in Ohio and ours is minimum $200 month. We have a gas furnace and gas hot water tank.
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 10:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I live in a studio in California and mine runs about $60 a month.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I live in california as well. We have a cabin 2bdrm around 100-150. Since my dh is always working on his truck in the garage!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• when i lived in a one bedroom apartment with AC, I was paying $60.00 a month. Now living with family and we split all the bills. It's a large 5 bedroom house, 3 floors, etc. I normally pitch in $40-50 a month (there are 6 people living here, so we have a lot of laundry, and water usage, dishes (dishwasher), etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2009