my eating is getting out of control! HELP!!!

So, I'm like twenty weeks pregnant or so, and today I am ALWAYS hungry. I can't get enough food and I just need to keep eating. It's never been like this, EVER. Lately I've been not hungry at all, like I was eating cuz I know I have to, not because I'm hungry... HELP!!! should I just keep eating cuz im hungry or just stop because i already know ive had enough?
i ate cereal, toast, oatmeal, and tortilla chips for breakfast.
i ate two chicken salad sandwiches for lunch, with some ice cream on the side.
and i just ate TWO tv dinners and bread and butter and im STILL hungry. like i feel like i havent even eaten....
I'm lost... help me!!

mommykayti

Asked by mommykayti at 5:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wish i could help. . . but i'm looking for that answer too. . . ..

good luck!
    Anonymous

• I am 25 weeks pregnant and I am doing the same thing. It's like I'll eat tons of food and be full for maybe an hour and than eat again. I was told by many to just do what your body tells you to do. If you are hungry eat, and instead of worrying about how much you are eating, just worry about the value of the food. Make sure it's somewhat healthy instead of junk. If you are craving something in particular...if you can have it of course...go eat it! Your body knows best and instead of being so worried about eating so much just enjoy it. We have an excuse :)
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Pregnancy comes with some serious appetite changes for many women. Try to slow down on the carbohydrates (breads, cereals, chips, etc). If you're hungry, then by all means, you should eat. The only way to balance it out, however, is to do a few things: 1) Drink LOTS of water, 2) Replace junk foods with veggies and other healthy alternatives as much as possible, 3) Take regular walks and stay as physically active as your doctor says you can. If you do those things, you should be able to chow down on two chicken salad sandwiches for lunch (replacing the ice cream with yogurt or carrot sticks!) without any guilt or worry  It's all about moderation, m'dear!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Moonrush

Answer by Moonrush at 6:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i;m 21 weeks preg & i'm doing the same thing, i guess as long as we don't gain too much weight we're good lol... so far i've only gained 6lbs :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• haha thanks ladies. i just think im eating SOOOO much. yesterday i barely ate anything and then all of a sudden today its like i cant get enough. and healthy things just sound GROSS to me right now haha. well except fruits but i dont have anymore and dont have a car at the moment. im about to order out, either chinese or pizza and my grandma is over and is willing to pay! im super excited but neither of those even sound good haha!!! ugh pregnancy is so tiring!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yeah I'll be 29weeks Sunday and I've gained 27lbs already. I know I've gained about 5-7lbs from week 24-28. I'm not just sitting around either. I got an ultrasound at 28weeks and they measured the baby and everything and I was measuring at 30weeks already and they said he's already 3lbs!! But when they measured my belly (no ultrasound) I was only a week ahead and that was at 24weeks, that was with the tape measuring thing.
    Anonymous

• Just try to not eat EmPtY calories....eat more filling and healthier things and drink lots and lots of water!
    Svarne

Answer by Svarne at 6:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2009