Christians, If another Christian comes to you for spiritual help or guidance, how do you decide who you will or won't help?

Do you pray about it and God tells you to either help or not help that particular person? Do you look at them and make a judgement on whether or not they REALLY deserve your help? Or do you just sometimes not know what to say? And if you don't know what to say do you at least pray with that person or do you just ignore them all together? And if you ignore them, then how do you justify those actions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The first thing that i would do is take the person by the hands and pray for them right then and there and ill let them tell me what is going on with them and i will give them some bible verses that will help them and i will try my best to do what Jesus wants me to do.. I do not judge because we all have sinned and falling. That is what I would do and have done in the past...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I tell them to change religions
    Anonymous

• I dont think there is anyone I wouldnt help if they asked. There may be some I CANT help but I can say a prayer and point them in the direction of someone who can help.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I guess it depends on how sincere they are. I hope I'm able to tell if someone is just trying to difficult or if they really need some kind of spiritual help. I would never claim that I can "work miracles". I'd give all credit to God.
    Anonymous

• First and always I pray. Then if I can help them I will. If not I will find someone who can. Everybody Christian or not deserves our help.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I try to help anyone that asks for it. Even if I can't give them the exact help they need, I always try to offer love and support and anything else that I CAN do (ie, food, clothes, a shoulder to cry on, prayer, encouragement, etc.)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• OP HERE- Oldermomof5, Yes, you are very right, everyone needs our help regardless. I just specifid Christians here because I meant those that were already saved and looking for spiritual guidance specifically. I personally would help anyone that needed it to the best of my ability also. I asked this question because I have been ignored by others before when I needed their help. They completely ignored me. This has not happened very often but when it did, it just made me wonder why someone would not help if you asked them to, even if all that you could do was say a prayer (which is still plenty). I don't mean anything tangible like money or clothes but just to talk or point me in the right directon like PP have said. It just baffled me that's all.
    Anonymous

• I help whoever I can when I can. There usually isnt time for much prayer and deliberating on it. I just do what I can when asked and sometimes if I see a need I can fulfill I volunteer. I do it without passing judgement.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 7:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Maybe those who ignored you did so because they werent sure how to help. Sometimes depending on the person what you are asking is too far above their heads and they cannot comprehend what to do. I know it is not right to just ignore you but they may be embarrassed or something.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 7:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• OP HERE-LeeLeeCandleGrl, Yes, I agrre with you and I understand that. I just wish that they would've said that rather than just ignoring me, which kind of made me feel worse than I already did. And this wasn't just anyone. This was someone who I have seen minister to other people on a regular basis and my issue wasn't really that big or weird. I wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable. Like you said though, maybe that was it. I just hope that it wasn't b/c they felt like I wasn't being sincere b/c I would never waste anyone's time like that, especially when it comes to God.
    Anonymous