Swine Flu

Mexico has the swine flu, are you worried about mexicans coming here who are infected or been exposed and giving it to north america?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Any flu pandemic would spread across borders- it's nothing to do with infected illegal aliens sneaking across borders. The 1918 pandemic circled the globe within a few months, in a time before air travel was common practice. If this is a pandemic virus, it is probably already in multiple places and we will see the cases pop up over the next fews days and weeks.
    Scary stuff, but the 'good' news is that at least this responds to Tamiflu and Relenza and does not appear to be particularly virulent with treatment (none of the US cases thus far have been fatal.) Better than the 'worst case scenario' that was so often painted about bird flu, but scary nonetheless!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• LMAO @ Fear mongering.

LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 6:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Vacationers going down to Mexico are being warned because of reports of them returning home sick with it.
    Anonymous

• It's already here. There have been cases in CA and TX. Yes, both states have a high number of people who travel to both countries (legally and illegally). But I don't think it's known yet if it started here and spread to Mexico or the other way around.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Freela...what a great answer! I think people forget airports!
    Anonymous

• Pandemics can occur very easily.
    Anonymous

• Oh my, the illegals are going to bring the swine flu. ROTFL
    Anonymous

• damn pig phuckers
    Anonymous

• Yea and it's only the Mexicans bringing it over.... your post makes them seem like rats on a ship transmitting diseases. Should we set out traps for them too.... hmm maybe a taco trap. ROFL!!!

Am I worried? No.. I have a greater chance of catching a worse disease at an elementary school.
    Anonymous

• It is already in the US. There are cases in California and Texas. The WHO, World Health Organization is close to declaring a pandemic status. I read this a short while ago..CNN or Fox I can't remember which. It is an updated story of the original

OP, not very nice if you are talking about illegals.

This is actually a very serious flu. It is human to human. It is a brand new strain, at least to the CDC and WHO. Almost 100 people have died and more than 100 have been infected. A 10% kill rate with such a high spread rate in these early stages make it serious. They are literally shutting down places in Mexico because of it. Stay tuned to your news guys just to be safe.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2009