My son got his blood work back and they said his ANA test was reactive and they won't tell me what it means just that I have to see a rhuematologist. Does anyone know what this means?

jnthn949

Asked by jnthn949 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• google it
    woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• ANA test helps diagnose autoimmune disease.
    Anonymous

• Why won't they tell you? Thats stupid. A doctor shouldnt be afraid to tell a parent what condition their child has. I would find another doc after this...but as far as your answer I dont know. I agree with "google it".
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• it could be lupus or rheumatoid arthritis there are several other things it could be. Having a positive Ana does not diagnose what condtion he has that's why he needs to see a rhematologist.

angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 10:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Here's a link to a web page that it explains it better. I have a positive ANA but can't afford to see a rheumatologist so I've no clue what I have. I hope that he doesn't have anything serious.

angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 10:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I had simular results...I have lupus. The Doctors will take care of himno matter what it is! I had a frind who was having trouble in gym when we were in 4th.He was found to have arthrits they say it shows up around that age because they are playing harder and growing fast. The boy I went to school with playedf football all through high school! I know its stupid to say but don't worry mom... or at least show it.He will only be as worried as much as he thinks you are!
    mamamom431

Answer by mamamom431 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2009