Christians, while I know this verse was originally intended for the nation of Israel, do you feel it fits for America today,as well?

"If my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear them from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14.

I honestly feel the way this country is,and the state of this world, these words are more true today than ever before. What is your opinion?

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe it for us today and I definitely believe it is the only thing that's gonna stop this downward spiral we are in. However, considering the current leadership we have, obama being muslim (and don't bother arguing that he's not because we all know he is!) and the democrats being so anti-God and removing God from every aspect of our existence and the fact that they hold the puppet strings attached to obama, I don't hold out much hope for our recovery... however, God is still a God of miracles!

Anonymous

• I don't because once Jesus fulfilled the Law everything was to be opened up to anyone in any Nation, God does not Bless anyone Nation but the person that works righteousness,
    The apostle Peter said, when God sent him to declare the good news to the uncircumcised Gentile Cornelius: “For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.”—Ac 10:34, 35; Ro 2:10, 11.
    How would it be fair or loving on the part of God to Bless a Nation but ignore those that worship him because they don't live here?
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I feel it's relevant for all people who are willing to consider and follow through with the advice.

I don't believe it's possible to "stop this downward spiral". Doesn't the book of Revelation (and others) refer to the "end of times"? Isn't that part of God's will? Why would we try to stop that? I thought the whole "end times" deal was to start the world anew. (?)
    Anonymous

• ANON:I don't believe it's possible to "stop this downward spiral". Doesn't the book of Revelation (and others) refer to the "end of times"? Isn't that part of God's will? Why would we try to stop that? I thought the whole "end times" deal was to start the world anew. (?)

YES!!! and if God says the Kings of the earth fight against his son and his incoming Kingdom then why would we want to be part of the support to those Kings...
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• In Acts, Jesus told Paul to open up the church to the clean and unclean, Jews and Gentiles. Therefore, Christianity is open to everyone. Every word Jesus spoke, and is still speaking, is true. His Word never fails.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• yes i think this is for everyone and we should do what it says i love that verse thanks for posting this sister
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Absolutely. I don't care what anyone else says: I find the Bible to be timeless. It is written so that it applies to all times and ages. "When you are out working in your fields (job)....." applies now as "when you are out working at your (fields) job...." this still works! I just don't care how hard anyone tries to say the time of the Bible has passed.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• 100% this is a beautiful post!!

God bless!!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• No.
    Does anyone ever wonder why God doesn't give us any modern day scriptures for ourselves (any country or person who is not middle-eastern)? Because we are not his people. Those words were never meant for us.
    Anonymous

• YES!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2009