Sports?

How do you find out about sports for kids this young? I remember playing soccer and T-ball before I was in school and would like to enroll my son in them too since he turns 3 in June but I dunno how to find out about them.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 6:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The only thing I have found for my 3 year old is a class at the YMCA.

Baseball and soccer don't start here until 4.

I found out by accident about the stuff for my 4 year old so I can't help you there! lol

Maybe check with the Chamber of Commerce?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• There arent many, if any...most little league and youth sports you have to be 4 by the cutoff of that season. Summer for baseball, spring for soccer, etc...
    MamaBuggy

Answer by MamaBuggy at 7:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Try your city's parks department and the YMCA.
    My park's department offers tons of fun classes. For under 3, the classes are more general and are mommy and me... how to listen to the teacher, how to throw a ball, how to catch a rolling object, etc. For 3 and over, they start offering a little bit more - swimming classes, ice skating, gymnastics, more advanced ball classes, even t-ball and soccer - though not much is expected at this age beyond slightly organized play.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Google youth sports in your county. Check the local library. Talk to other parents. Read the paper for advertisements for local youth sports organizations. Contact the YMCA. Contact your community parks & recreation.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009