Should I be totally disapointed about my husband not passing his PT test while been over in S. Korea? Has anyone gone throught this before and how did you react to your husband?

My hubby has been over in Korea for almost one yr. Before he went he had told me he was going to dedicate his time to losing the xtra weight he had and moving up a rank to Sgt. Well he is almost coming back and he has done neither. He has lost some weight but the last PT Test he did he didnt pass. Now the Commander has already told him that in about 3wks he will be getting another test and if he doesnt pass it he will be kicked out of the Army. I feel really disapointed in him. I know we all make mistakes but I think it was really irresponsible of him to think about having fun and not think about neither Me or his 8month old son. Im really worried about him not passing eventhough he told me he would. He was on restriction the whole time he was there so he couldnt go off post but only go to the CAC. I dont know what he did with his spare time. There was time he didnt even call cuz he was at the CAC. Could he have been cheating?

epgirl

Asked by epgirl at 6:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• So this is about you? Geez, many don't pass it the first time. Lighten up. Just encourage him to do better next time or he might think you are not being supportive and he might end up cheating. Quit thinking the worst. Just encourage him to do better.
    Anonymous

• He could be. He's a man and he's in S. Korea where there are tons of prostitutes and they love them some military men. He's been away from you for a year, what do you think? I think you need to address the problem and ask him what is going on, you'll get your answer from him, not us. I hope that he isn't being unfaithful, he's a pathetic man if he is. And I've heard that PT tests are pretty damn hard for guys that aren't that active. Wish the best of luck to you girl and hope you will get your answers.
    Anonymous

• That separation must have been so hard on you and your son. Thank you for supporting a man in our military. Can you maybe try some co counseling together when he comes home since he's been gone for so long? If he comes home with new positions that's one answer right there. If he's on his computer and clicks off when you come any where close to him that's another hint of something happened. Hopefully he honored you. My husband used to be in the military and I remember how hard those tests are. Maybe you can try to concentrate more on rebuilding a year's absence relationship instead of thinking right away of having no relationship. I don't think that concentrating only on his weight is the way to rebuild after being apart for so long. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• Yes, I would be disappointed. I would also be supportive. Tell him you know it is a hard test, but you know he can do it! tell him to e-mail you everyday telling you what he's doing to train up, so you can read it to your child. Tell him you'll be doing extra excercise too, with the baby, and send him some sexy photos every day.

This doesn't have to be a bad thing. It could actually stregthen the bond between the family if you take it as an opportunity to be on his side. As to what he was doing, who knows? Does it matter?
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• is he in remedial PT? If he hasn't done that he will not get kicked out yet. They will put him in remedial PT so he will do in the mornings and in the afternoons. Are you mad that he isn't a SGT yet? Is that how he 'isn't thinking about you and your son" You need to support and encourage him. He could be having a very hard time being away from his family.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• to above. It depends on who he is with.. Some do NOT even do remedial they give you one more shot if you fail the weight/tape test or pt test and then boot you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 25, 2009