how can i get "flarp" out of my carpet?

we have these lil "cubby holes" in the floor board in our van, (our seats fold into the floor) some how without us seeing them the kids managed to get "flarp" squished into the floor and it melted! i had no idea it was there or i would have treid to clean it right away i cant fold the seats in if i need to on that one side because it will get all over the seat, please help i dont know what to do the stuff is sticky like silly putty, well it basically is silly putty please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

momof3atx

Asked by momof3atx at 6:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Try ice to freeze and break off, try wd-40, or rubbing alcohol. This is all I could find...good luck!
    Anonymous

• My kids got that all over my couch and floor....

I started wtih ice... got up the biggest clumps.

Then I used WD-40 and a tooth brush. I put the WD-40 ON the toothbrush and worked in very small circles. Basically I got the stuff to roll up in a ball so I could use the ice again and pull it out of the fibers. i kept at it until it was all gone. It would probably work to spray it on the carpet, but I was afraid that it would stain the fabric.
    beanielips

Answer by beanielips at 2:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2009