When you moved your child's mattress down to a lower notch, did it take a while for them to adjust to it?

My daughter is 7 months, and we just lowered her mattress and took off her bumper. Does it take them a while to get used to it, or do they sleep just as well?

I'm mostly worried because once she's in bed my husband and I are going out and my 12 year old niece is coming over to babysit, and I'd hate for the baby to not sleep well while she's here.

Asked by julipickle2 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, my son didn't even notice when we lowered his, ever.

Answer by CarieP at 6:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• 20 bucks says she doesnt notice, but i definalely wouldnt leave my baby with a 12 yr old, sleeping or not

Answer by jbirchard at 7:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My son never noticed it. We just did it this week, he's almost 8 months.

• I know the law in most states is 13yrs old for them to even stay by themselves.....

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 8:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• luckily didn't ask for opinions on the age of the babysitter, but thanks for the input.

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Should be fine. I suppose some kids could be sensitive to the change of the bumper, but I doubt they will notice the hieght change.

• Max didn't seem to care he bumped his head a couple times but barely even noticed. We were lazy and lowered it all the way(didn't want to have to do that again!) and took the bumpers off the same time. sorry about the long answer I guess a simple no would have been good.

Answer by Liz0808 at 3:44 AM on Apr. 25, 2009