how do you stay calm when your DH makes a promise then breaks it?

My DH has issues keeping promises because of the way he was raised well it was getting better till recently. And now he makes them but doesn't care how i feel when he breaks them. Like he told me he would take DS so i could do my homework and get it done so we could spend the whole weekend together. Well He has called the last 3 days and said he was going golfing. So i am up until midnight doing homework after i feed bath and get DS to sleep. HE does nothing but expects me to be just as happy as ever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• have you confronted him about it? he could've just forgotten. mine is totally forgetful. he would forget his own birthday if i didn't remind him. or that he just continues to do it because you haven't said anything so he just assumes that its fine? just my opinion, since i'm not really sure of all that's going on.
    AddysDogBear

Answer by AddysDogBear at 7:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• You need to talk to him about it. If you have shcool work to do that should come before his golfing. I would not be able to stay calm. I'd probably be bitching at him telling him I have important work to do and he needs to come be a father. But so far my DH hasn't done that. www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 7:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Almost similar to my DH. I quit looking for anything anymore. I take my days one at a time and whatever happens so be it. If I look forward to doing something, even as simple as having a day out together w/ the kids...doesn't happen. Me and the kids end up at home alone.
    I understand what you're going thru. Talking about it works for about a week and then back to his old self. Just keep your head up and find a hobby or something you enjoy to do. Spoil your DS, I spoil mine whenever I can. Take care
    Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I would be pissed, he knew what he was doing.Confront him.

Vanessa plz stop your advertising here already it isn't allowed and it's becoming annoying.

Anonymous

• Can't you do homework after ds goes to sleep or while on campus? I always got my homework done before I left campus so it didn't interfere with my family time. I have never trusted a man's promise to babsit....ever. Don't put all your faith in him to follow through if you know he won't live up to his promises. Take care of things yourself and that will free up your time to enjoy family time without other obligations.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I don't think I could stay calm. Can you hire a babysitter and send him the bill? Sounds like he can afford it if he can pay for three days of green fees. Tell him he's investing in your future.
    haston

Answer by haston at 8:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I no longer trust anything anyone promises to me, too many people have broken their promises to me and I lost all trust in everyone. I am learning to trust a select few but it is nowhere near 100%. I have learned to do everything on my own. That way I have no reason to be disappointed.

I really don't know what to tell you. If your son is old enough, let him play in the same room while you study or do homework. You can even do a little studying while he is playing in the bathtub, sit on the toilet or floor and read while he plays. Sneak in time to study.

Best of lucK!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009