15 month old toddler picky eater, wont eat baby food ie: Grauduates lil entres', or premade food like kroger brand beef, hell she wont eat anyhthing but snacks, need ideas on what to feed her.

MetalMomma10

Asked by MetalMomma10 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i just feed mine whatever i'm eating. it makes her feel like a big girl 'cause she's eating what mommy's eating. mine used to just eat cheerios all day but then i had to hide them from her and say we didn't have any and she should try (fill in the blank) instead because it was yummy and then i would eat some and then she would try.
    AddysDogBear

Answer by AddysDogBear at 7:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I have never catered to what my children wanted to eat. If I did that then I would be in the kitchen 24 hours a day. My kids started eating what me and my husband were eating when they were about 10 to 12 months old. First it started out with real tiny bites (meats, breads, pasta) and mushed up food (carrots, peas, potatoes, etc). They got the concept of chewing really fast and soon were getting their own little plates and bowls of the meal that I fixed. I never bought the pre-made meals (Gerber Graduates or frozen dinners) - something about them, I dunno, they looked gross. I know the Gerber Graduates have no taste to them what-so-ever.

I don't provide snacks that are not healthy either, so if one of my kids chooses to eat a snack, I know that they are still getting something healthy.

Your DDs eating habits directly reflect yours. If you start eating healther and show her it's good, then she'll want to do it too.
    Anonymous

• Those baby food entrees are nasty...would you eat it? I wouldn't.
    Parents are brain washed into thinking that they need to go from baby food purees to the toddler meals. Those baby food companies really know how to guilt us into buying their crap.
    My babies eat what we eat only mushed or cut up into small pieces. We do not serve any of those little snacks either.
    If you stop giving her the option of snack foods then she will start eating what you give her. I give things like cheese, yogurt, bananas, mandarin oranges, cottage cheese, bits of toast. Then I give some of everything that we are eating.
    Good luck.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Those don't taste very good and they are fullof preservatives. Maybe you could cook some healthy meals yourself so baby could eat them.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Mine tries to be picky but I won't let him. I feed him what we are having and we eat as a family. He doesn't always like to eat his veggies, which I give first before the other food, but I have him sit there until he eats them. If he hasn't started (if he does start he's allowed all the time he needs to finish), then I would say that dinner is over and he does not get to eat anymore, including snacks. I have never had to do this as my son has broken down and eats his veggies once he sees that I mean it.
    Once your daughter gets hungry enough, she'll eat what you give her :)
    Anonymous

• Feed her what you eat
    Anonymous

• Babyfood is completely unnecessary. Give your baby finger foods: scrambled egg, avocado, cooked sweet potatoes, kiwi, frozen blueberries, frozen peas, cooked or canned beans, tofu cubes, puffed rice or puffed kamut, cooked whole wheat pasta, etc; along with little bits of what the rest of the family is eating.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:26 PM on Apr. 24, 2009