What are you doing to keep up your religious faith with the bad economics in our country? How do you maintain your belief that things will get better. There are have several deaths nationwide because of our country's money and job losses. How are you?

Just wondering what different ones of us do to maintain our religions in spite

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Y are you posted as Anon?? I am a christian, and i admit i let the world get the best of me more often the not, but i know that in the end im looking forward to a much better place...
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 7:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think bad times actually lead more people to faith; when you're having a hard time, you need something bigger than yourself to lean on.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I have to pray constantly. What I do know is that this is not the first time in my life that hard times have come upon me. And so far I am still living and still sure that in the end the will of God will come forth. There is little I can do to change the economy. But I sure can change my mind about what is important. I cling to my family and friends and more importantly my church family as well. I have gone back to the basics. Bible study classes every week, Sunday school, usher board, and volunteering in the nursery. This way I know that I am making in difference to someone else as well as keeping myself in a positive mindframe.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 7:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

•  I am a christian, and i admit i let the world get the best of me more often the not, but i know that in the end im looking forward to a much better place.

Why wait? I'm already there!

MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 7:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Well, I'm an atheist, so nothing. I have the world view that shit happens, deal with it as it comes, and move on. I know I am strong enough to survive anything this world can throw at me.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Sorry, I do not understand the relationship between the economy and religion. Is this a Christian thing?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Oh honey, everything is a christian thing!
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 9:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I don't really understand the question either but hard times usually lead to stronger religious beliefs. We haven't changed a thing in our family, except stocking up on water and canned food...just in case.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The economy has nothing to do with my faith. I don't "believe" that things will get better. I believe in Jesus. The economy will do what it will, what it has done in the past, what it will do in the future. My faith is not dependent upon politics, economy or any other secular issue.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• my faith in god gets me through everything. the loss of my child the loss of a parent . the economy isn't a big deal to me. if things get bad then we will survive just as we did the great depression and maybe everyones focus would be less on stuff and more on the important things in life.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2009