how do i get my son to sleep & stay in his own bed?

ok so my son is turning 3 in june. and he will not stay in his own bed. every night it takes me about 30-60 min to get him to sleep. then he will just in up in my bed. i would really love to get him sleeping in his bed again. he has a big boy bed(toddler bed) so i now that it is hard to keep him in it and i live in an old apt. he use to sleep in his crib every night then we got a bed for him when he turned 2. i would really love to get him sleeping in his own bed and staying there before we move in sep. my dh hates him in our bed. he is at bct now and i thought now would be a good time to do it. well thinks for the help

cowgirl856

Asked by cowgirl856 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL If you find out, let me know. My 5 year old still ends up in our bed some nights.

I just finally decided that they won't be there forever, so we just cuddle while they want to.
    misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 7:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• oh one more thing to add to the question we are trying to have another baby so i really really need him out so i can start tryin. lol like i said i have until sept. to get him out of my bed for the night.
    cowgirl856

Answer by cowgirl856 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• To get my children to sleep in there own bed was we started with a routine like eat dinner, have a snack, give them a bath, read a book and by that time there really tired lets say the time is like 8 or 8;30 no later, we put them in bed and left them there till morning if they cried and tried to get out, we would put them right back in there, What happens some parents try it and they think it wont work they get tired of bringing the children back to bed, But it really does nothing works over night, and yeah it was really tiring but now i get my relaxing time everynight and they actually like to go to bed.
    littlemami471

Answer by littlemami471 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009