Dr. found cyst on my ovary!!! what does that mean?

Just got back from my first US and i'm 7 wks 4 days but, the doctor said she found a cyst on my ovary. She said it was common and wont effect the baby but it still has me worried

AmyOmommy

Asked by AmyOmommy at 7:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they are very common and usually burst on their own. They can cause some cramping and mine caused nausea but they finally burst. You will be fine

Answer by admckenzie at 7:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I'm not trying to scareyou,but you definitely need to get this looked at by a specialist because that could be cancer. I went through this when I was 25 and I lucked out and they cought the cancer in its first stage.Go see about this please.judyplove
    judyplove

Answer by judyplove at 8:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• they are very common. sometimes painful if they burst but really are no big deal.. RELAX enjoy your pregnancy
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Don't worry, I had one when I was about 7 weeks, i didn't even know I had and when it burst it hurts a lil ( I went to the er thinking I had a tubal pregnancy) but it won't hurt the baby, Good luck and relax!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2009