Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Enforcing a child support order that includes adding child to ins for police officer?

Does anyone know if our child support order states that the child is to be added onto the father's insurance if I can enforce it? My son's dad is a police officer and I don't know if I can maybe send it to his chief or his HR department. Does anyone know?


Asked by a_and_j_momma at 7:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 4 (53 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (17)
  • I went through child support enforcement...... B/c, I wanted the support for my child. Its a free service and healthcare/ child support are the same issue in a child support case. If its through the child support enforcement i know for a fact it is. I also k now that CSE doesnt not do custody issues or visitation. They will get support, enforce it and do DNA test.

    Answer by faithful78 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

  • Child support and insurance are two different issues, maybe go back to court.


    Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

  • Anon-they're not...they're on the same order in my state.

    Answer by a_and_j_momma at 8:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

  • Then send it to child support or call the correct people to find out.


    Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

  • If you don't know what you're talking about, then don't answer lol. Good lord. Our case isn't through support enforcement b/c it doens't need to be. Support enforcement handles SUPPORT. There's no point of me starting a support enforecement case to enforce the healthcare. I am wonder if anyone knows BASED on EXPERIENCE, if I can give it to his chief.

    Answer by a_and_j_momma at 8:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

  • You need to call your lawyer.

    Answer by aeneva at 8:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

  • if it is in the ordeer than you can have the cs office send it to his office, thats how mine got busted

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

  • Ya, call your lawyer...calling his boss will do absolutely nothing except piss him off....usually if the mother has primary custody and the father is paying support they are USUALLY also ordered to carry my state anyway, you need to look at your court order. If it wasn't put in there, it's proabbly back to court to get it revised....

    Answer by calliesmommie at 9:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

  • I was thinking it's like the military where they enforce it and if a man falls behind on child support then he can get in trouble. I am not 100% sure. I have emailed my attorney but he's on vacation.

    Answer by a_and_j_momma at 9:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

  • If u don't like the answers u get, don't ask. This is stuff u should have already known about.


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN