Is it a boy or girl

dont you just hate it when someone looks at your baby and asks "is it a girl or a boy" I remember when my daughter was a couple weeks old and I took her to my church all dressed in pink lace and ruffle dress and the older people would look at her and say "oh how cute " is it a girl or a boy" I know sometimes you cant tell but its pretty obvious that if its wearing a dress its a girl

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 8:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Someone bought my first son a t shirt that said I am just a boy in big black block letters and people STILL asked "is it a girl or a boy" then they would read the shirt right after that and say "oh he's a boy?" still asking.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 8:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i brought my dd to the grocery store in a pink dress w/ a pink head band w/ a pink blanket in a pink carseat and the clerk said oh isnt he cute when i told her it was a girl she told me she thoght iw was a boy because of her green binkie ARE YOU KIDDING ME lol
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 8:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I will never forget, my DD was about 9 months old, and we went to walmart. She was dressed in a LIGHT PINK valor warm up suit, wit ha big pink satin heart on it with lace trimming on the sleeves and legs and some woman walked up to me and said "your son is soo handsome!" I looked at her and said "My DAUGHTER is beautiful! Thank you!" Seriously! If ya can't tell by the outfit...just say "your baby"
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• if i cant tell i say how old is the baby lol
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 9:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I had the same thing happen dd was 7 days old and we were at the clinic and I had her in a pink dress covered in a pink blanket with a pink diaper bag sucking on a pink binki and the woman still thought she was a boy and it did pi$$ me off now I get pi$$ed when they ask my mom how old her daughter is or how old my little sister is grrrrrrrr
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• People are stuuuupid. I'll never understand how someone can think a baby is a boy when they're dressed in all PINK! Who's ever done that to their son? WTH?
    Anonymous

• My son was always clearly dressed like a boy! And he had ALOT of hair. Well people would always call him a little girl and I would get so mad. Why would I dress my little girl like that ya know?! Crazy people.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• No, I haven't had that problem. Everyone pretty much seem to comrehend that he's a boy.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• One day my daughter and I brought her newborn daughter (my granddaughter) to Walmart all in pink - everything pink! We got lots of smiles and looks as we passed through the store and lots of older ladies wanted to stop and chat. Waiting in the checkout line a lady younger than me asked if it was a girl? I'm a bit sassy so I said "Nope, we're getting my grandson ready for his sex change." I truly said it with a straight face and stared her straight in the eyes as she took in what I said. Her jaw dropped and she turned around in line. My daughter got angry at me, but I didn't care. I told her if people are so ignorant as to ask if a baby all in pink is a girl then they deserve an ignorant answer.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2009