What is your favorite bible verse?

Share with us your favorite Bible verse!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hebrews 11
    1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son"

your only son, thats love!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• John 21:25-- And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books which would be written. Amen.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Oh John 3:16 also!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• While there are to many to name, this is one of my favorites:

John 20:16-18
    16Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. 17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. 18Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

I love to think about the joy and awe Mary felt when she saw Jesus for the first time after the resurrection. I can't imagine how I would feel to see him face to face, myself.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• it came to pass...

found all ove the bible
    Anonymous

• matthew 15:8-11

8 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 9They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.' 10Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand. 11What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' "

and of course matthew 17:12
    So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• "So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline."
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• and then Ephesians 4:29: "Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God's favor) to those who hear it."
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• John 3:16
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2009