Are your kids exposed to all religions?

Do you allow your kids to be exposed to all religions or just the religion you practice? If you do not practice any religion do you allow your children to become familiar with different religions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I teach my kids that is not about a religion that is man made its about a relationship with JESUS CHRIST

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• he is only 5 so its not really an issue yet, but he is exposed to all types of people
    i have no prob with him learning about other ones, but i of course will teach himwhat i believe to be true
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• They aren't really exposed to other religions because we don't know that many people that ARE other religions. I've told DD that there are people that don't believe the same way we do, and that that's okay and we should respect everyone's beliefs, but she's never been really EXPOSED to it, unfortunately.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• We have a book called "Mankinds Search for God" and it goes into the beliefs of other religions so our children are not ignorant of what others believe, we even went to the Library to look up info to further our research, I want my children to have a complete picture of religions so they have a better understanding of ours.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• First kid on the way, due in a month. Hubby and I are incredibly non-religious, but when our daughter is older, if she asks about any religion, we'll give her the information and let her decide for herself what she believes in.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My kids are not exposed to all religions simply because we don't know enough about all religions! They are exposed to the several religions that exist in our immediate family (Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, and atheism/humanism.) And I would definitely support them in learning more about whatever religion interests them as they grow up.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i do not want my daughter expose to some kind of religions because i think it is full of crap but that is just me
    Anonymous

• I do not practice any religion but my daughter can explore any religion she wants and I am fine with it.. latly she has been going to church with some good friends and she seems to like it.
    1andonly98

Answer by 1andonly98 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• both my boys accepted Christ when they were younger. My older son had to take world religions in h.s. so he knows the stuff.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• When they are old enough to study other religions (high school) we will do this, but until kids are old enough to make the distinction between true and false, they will only be exposed to our way of thought--Christianity.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 9:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2009