What am I to do?

I'm under the impression that my mother-in-law is jealious of me. She ignors me, when I talk to her she shrugs her shoulders or gives me shot answers, she pretends I'm not in the room when she sees me, or eles she just doesn't like me for some unknown reason.Because she doesn't act way with her two daughter in-laws. with them shes nice and friendly. I tried to talk to her. But I know she lying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Remember majority of MIL's will have an issue with her sons wife because the wife has taken him from her home. She sees less of her son now because he has a new family. Don't take any of it personally. Remember this is about her issue not yours. Always be kind & respectful. If you complain about her to your husband he will suffer & in turn you will. The last thing he wants to hear is how troublesome his mother is. He already knows & doesn't  need to be reminded. Tell him not to share anything with you that your MIL has said that could be hurtful. You don't need to hear about it. If he is any man he will know how to stand up to his mother. Always smile & be kind for your husband's sake.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 9:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Kill her with kindness. :) (BITCH) HAHA
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 8:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Maybe ask her about it. Ask if you offended her, or if she's mad at you about something. Maybe even ask her out to dinner some time. It could be that she just doesn't feel she knows you as well.
    Anonymous

• I had a MIL that didn't like me because I took her baby and we were too young, it was tough and a long story, but we kind of came to mutual ground after my dh and I had been married 9 years, and she realized we were going to stay together, and I am glad because she died the next year. So just be yourself, and don't worry too much about it, your hubby and your family are the important thing. She might come around, ya never know.
    Minnesotamom

Answer by Minnesotamom at 9:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Seeing she gets along with the other daughters in law, I would ask her why she doesn't like you. If you did anything to offend her. OR just kill her with kindness, it pisses mean people off more when you are nice and don't let it show that they are bothering you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Not much you can do to change her. Just accept that she has an issue and ignore it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• You think she's jealous of you? Where do you get that?

disgustipated

Answer by disgustipated at 1:10 AM on Apr. 25, 2009