Do you think sex is the #1 reason why husbands have affairs?

Meaning husband are not getting any at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• No, there was a study done and a book written (WHY MEN CHEAT) that states the number one reason men cheat is NOT over sex. It's about a wife not fulfilling his emotional needs at home, not being appreciated, etc. Think about it. How to other women get them anyway? They make them feel special and they don't give them a hard time. They make them think they rock like a wife did when she was first dating him. Get that initial spirit back and make him feel like he rocks your world and he won't stray. Now there are the exceptions, there are some men who just like to cheat for general principle and wouldn't stop cheating for anything.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I don't know if it is or not. But I know a guy that says it could cause a man to stray. I think not being compatible sexually could ruin an otherwise good relationship. It may not ruin the relationship right away but eventually it will affect it. I have seen it happen.There are many other reasons, and some don't make any sense. I have heard interesting reasons and some men are just jerks and habitual cheaters.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• No sometimes is also about power. Example: if DH feels that he is not contributing enough to the household because his wife makes more than him. He can start feeling insecure therefore he would start looking for someone who could make him feel powerful....just an example
    Anonymous

• Majority of men who do have affairs is because some of their needs are not being met in the marriage.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 9:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think sex is the #1 reason and after that it just trickles down as far as why they cheat.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yes
    Anonymous

• Sometimes it could be that they are so selfish that they need the "change of routine" for them to feel like a man.

Anonymous

• I had a relative who used to share time with his wife and his mistress. This triangle lasted for 20 years until the mistress decided to move to another area. The mistress had a daughter same age a his son with wife
    Anonymous

• Not necessarily. Some men just like to feel wanted by whoever. Some like to feel like they "still got it".
    Anonymous

• Nope, that's actually pretty rare. Men don't stray because of the sex.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2009