crawling baby;

so my daughter is army crawling/regular crawling and her knees were just getting red but this evening it's turned into a small carpet burn on each knee. i know they have special pants for crawling babies and i'm going to get that tomorrow but for the night what will help her burns? any ointment? or something?

summerdaile

Asked by summerdaile at 9:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe a little neosporin or A and D ointment?? and then put some pants over it right away?? I don't know my DD isn't crawling yet.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Neosporin
    Anonymous

• i have some of that stuff. i hope it works. i feel bad for the poor baby. i can't believe i didn't notice sooner. she's gonna be in so much pain. i've had carpet burns and they don't feel good.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 9:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Neosporin is petroleum based; I don't think that you want to put this on a baby's skin. What about aloe jelly (either from a plant or tube)?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i have some of that. i have cortisone based with aloe.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 9:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• wash it up good and a little aloe should help for now... anything stronger may contain alcohol which is bad for babies. So be sure whatever you have, doesn't contain alcohol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2009