thyroid or something else

depressed, brittle nails, sleepleness, no energy, weight gain, tight muscles in the neck and shoulders every morning........could this be thyroid problems? I go to have my thyroids checked may 11th. Im actually going to a different doctor because my current doctor says im just eating to much to be gaining so much weight and she wants to throw depression pills to me and I dont like to take them because some of them make you gain weight too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Health

• i have hypothyroidism. and i'm always tired! nothing will help. i'm always sleepy. i have no energy. my nails were always crappy. and i'm always depressed. but the thing is, is that i never gained wait. i was diagnosed when i was a child with hypothyroidism and i was always skinny. it affects people differently. so yes. it should be.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 9:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Of course. I belong to two thyroid groups here on Cafe Mom. Come on in, we'll be happy to help you!
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 10:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I have thyroid problems and it sound like you have all the symptoms i have. I have a lot of weight gain, depression, loss of appetite, brittle nails which i've never had before, everybody usually says my nails look fake because they are so long and healthy, really really tired i'm also 5 weeks pregnant now so that doesn't help either. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• try vitamins i like acai juice no need to be expensive, oh and this lady on womans world spoke on thyroid and said she takes 2 tablespoons of brewes yeast every morning with juice after a couple weeks it was undetectable look it up
    Anonymous

• It does sound like hypothyroidism. Now for the untalked about issues. Depression, feelings that you are going crazy sometimes, mood swings that make Dr. Jekle/Mr. Hyde sound like a nice guy, inability to focus, difficulty reading and retaining information. Hypothyroidism can cause serious issues. Make them do all the thyroid panel tests.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009